The mission of the California Nut Festival is to connect consumers and farmers, cultivate an understanding of nut production in California and how California nuts fit into a healthy lifestyle. Proceeds are dedicated to the development of the Patrick Ranch Museum to preserve and interpret the agricultural history of the Sacramento Valley.
A Feast for the Eyes
California Nut Festival Art Barn April 18th 11am-4pm
The California Nut Festival (CNF) would like to complement their activities with art from local artists. Works do not specifically have to relate to agriculture, but obviously would be most welcome. We are looking for a range of artistry, both 3-d and 2-d. If you would like to participate please complete the the following registration form:
There are two ways to participate:
1. Booth space - 8x8 ft. (approximate) (6-8 based on number of artists participating)
2. Art Gallery : Two pieces guaranteed, more if space allows. You will be notified prior to setup if more art can be hung. You may also have prints and cards available for sale as well. You must provide your own racks.
Entry Fee: $35
- Make checks payable to Cynthia Sexton and write 2015 CNF in the memo. Your canceled check is your receipt. Send the check to 180-1 E. 9th Avenue, Chico, CA 95926.
- For PayPal (please go to paypal and send the money to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Formal registration begins immediately and full payment is due upon registration.
- No refunds after April 4th
- Each artist will be required to handle your own sales. If you are unable to provide credit card sales, this can be handled for you. Please indicate if this service is needed.
Statement - Please send a brief statement about your work; we’re looking for personal statements that will make your artistry accessible to the viewer.
This will be included, along with an image of your work on the California Nut Festival website. Please include your website address if you have one.
The work must arrive ready to hang or display.
- Setup for the exhibit, both paintings and booth space, will be on Friday, April 17th at the Patrick Ranch Art Barn 9am-1pm. Paintings must be prepared for hanging with picture wire. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS ALLOWED. Each work of art must be clearly identified so we may match your label information to the correct work.
- There will be a People’s Choice Award accompanied by a modest cash prize donated by the viewers who participate in the vote during the exhibit.